We specialise in excavator finance and can therefore present to our clients a finance solution 95% of the time.
Do you have any questions about Excavator Finance or Excavator Loans? Learn more with the below answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
Excavator Finance Questions Answered
Yes – even for new start businesses. Only on rare occasions would a deposit be required.
Yes – most finance companies require their customers to have been trading for 2 years before even looking at them. However, we can offer loans to customers with ABN’s that are only one day old.
This form of funding is great for clients that are just starting out in a new business or for an existing business that has exhausted their access to traditional funding lines (generally a fast-growing business).
The only requirements are for client to provide a copy of driver’s licence, Medicare card and bank statements for the last 90 days to confirm funds are available to cover running costs / business expenses. A work source letter might be requested for new starts or for an existing business that will rely on the additional income for servicing.
Client finds the right excavator and we pay the vendor direct. A rental / lease agreement is drawn up with the client owning the goods outright at end of term with a $1 exit payment.
Most financiers only finance excavators up to 5 or maybe 10 years old, however we can finance excavators up to 20 years old at time of purchase.
Our rates start from 4.05%, however lower rates can be obtained if the finance amount is greater than $500K. A risk loading might be applied for new start ventures or existing business clients that have marginal servicing capacity.
A balloon payment is used to effectively reduce the monthly payments over the term of the loan. Client has the option to (at the end of the loan term) refinance the balloon, payout it out in full or have the dealer pay it out when a new excavator is acquired.
Yes – there can be significant tax benefits with these types of loans.
Chattel mortgage loans and commercial hire purchase loans, depreciation and interest can be claimed as a tax deduction whilst the gst on the purchase can be claimed as in input tax credit.
Operating lease and fully maintained operating lease, the full payment can be claimed as a tax deduction.
No – at Heavy Vehicle Finance you can apply for finance for the following equipment:
- Truck Trailers
- Earthmoving Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Farming Equipment
A loan application that does not require accountant prepared financial statements or personal tax returns. Instead we might choose to use bank statements for the last 90 days or other low doc parameters.
We have an extensive range of low doc products available to our customers. However, the max amount finance for low doc excavator or heavy equipment finance is $500K. There is no lending limit on a replacement facility as long as the new amount financed does not exceed 25% of the existing loan repayment.
Dealer sale is when the sale of an excavator comes from any of the following vendors
- licenced excavator or heavy equipment dealer (must have dealer licence number)
- auction house
- excavator or heavy equipment manufacturer
Private sale is when the sale of an excavator is being sold by a sole trader, partnership or private company.
We provided finance for both private sales and dealer sales.
We specialise in only excavator and heavy equipment finance, whereas other institutions have staff members that work all arears of finance – both personal and business. This means we can offer very specialised and tailored finance products to our customer.
Example Funding Scenario
- A new client came to our office requesting finance approval to purchase a used piece of Hitachi Construction Machinery.
- This customer had mentioned to one of our Consultants that they could not source finance and had been declined twice due to their Accountant prepared figures not servicing the loan.
- Purchase Price – $150,000 (gst inc) after trade.
- Financial Statements could not service proposed deal (so we had do it as a low doc in order to get the deal through).
- Self employed for 2 years
- Equity in equipment – no
- Director a home owner – yes
- We took a one page application over the phone
- A finance approval was granted two days later for the full $150,000 (gst inc)
- Security was the used Hitachi Excavator
- No deposit required allowing client to borrow 100% of the purchase price and preserve cash flow
- Client was able to purchase a newer Hitachi Excavator and as a result reduce maintenance costs going forward
- Even though clients Accountant prepared figures did not service the deal, they did qualify for a self doc declaration (no financials) application
Below is a list of just some of the Excavators that we have provided Equipment Lease Finance for in times past:
Caterpillar Earthmoving Machinery
Hitachi Earthmoving Machinery
Komatsu Earthmoving Machinery
Kobelco Earthmoving Machinery
Volvo Earthmoving Machinery
Please also click on our Lease Finance Calculator to ascertain what the weekly payments would be on a particular piece of machinery you are looking to purchase.
If from there you are looking to put an immediate finance approval in place, please input your details into the ONLINE PRE-APPROVAL page of our site.